Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thankful Heart, Full Bellies

Thanksgiving is a fantastic time to reflect on the year's blessings and that is exactly what I am about to do. We started Kentucky Fried Riders around this time last year, and in rereading those first posts, I am reminded of how much has changed in a year. Those posts documented our running journey, but we quickly had our running buddy sidelined. We spent Thanksgiving week afraid we wouldn't get the chance to run with Bailey anymore. Around that time Kurt was dealing with the side effects of an ineffective medicine and working to find a replacement.

This Thanksgiving I have my two best buddies healthy and not a day has gone by this past year that I haven't felt incredibly grateful for the abundant grace of God. Kurt was recently deemed in remission by his doctor. It is hard to wrap my mind around this amazingness! Bailey is back to dragging us on runs as she chases squirrels. This Thanksgiving we will have full hearts and full bellies.

Last year when it felt like there were more struggles than we could handle at times, I listened to this song quite a bit. It is a really beautiful song and reminded me that through God there is nothing we can't handle (even if we don't like it).


No comments:

Post a Comment